What does it mean to 'do Uni differently'?
TAFE Queensland lets you do uni differently — we let you do it your way. Step outside the classroom and learn more practically, more flexibly, and more one-on-one. It's uni, but not as you know it.
By TAFE Queensland
CHOOSE YOUR OWN PATH
At TAFE Queensland, we pride ourselves on being for the people who don't fit the mould. We don't punish you for moving to your own beat. In fact, we'll help you write the soundtrack. You can pave your own path to the future that's calling your name.
If you prefer to learn by jumping in and trying something out, rather than sitting in lectures for hours, our set up might be just what you're looking for. That's what being hands on is all about. We unlock the doors to awesome facilities and let you start doing what feels right. You can start creating, making, coding, scripting, sketching or composing from day one.
WHAT'S A UNI PATHWAY?
A university pathway is a two for one special. There are a couple of different ways it can work.
Current diploma students - University of Canberra pathway
If you're about to complete (or have already completed) a TAFE Queensland diploma, you can get up a year of credit in a related bachelor degree with the University of Canberra.
That's a sweet deal for a few reasons:
- You can use your diploma to start working straight away. That means money in the bank, and a two year head start in the industry over your mates who took the traditional route to university.
- Most degrees take three years. If you take a TAFE to uni pathway, you end up with two qualifications (a diploma and a degree) in the same time frame. So while you're busy upgrading your qualifications, you're going to end up with more impressive paperwork than those taking the traditional path.
- You get to keep studying with the teachers and friends you already know. There's no need to move to Canberra — the entire degree is delivered right here in Queensland. Plus, you'll get access to even more specialised facilities that are exclusive to our degree students.
How to apply
If you're ready to do uni differently with a pathway to a degree, you need to:
- Find the course page for the degree of your dreams on our website
- Click the Apply Now button
- Follow the prompts
- Apply through the linked partner university portal
- Then register your details on the form provided.
Pro tip: when looking for the right course, you want to focus on the ones with a straight up 'Bachelor of' name. Steer clear the diploma/bachelor courses - these are for people who haven't done the diploma yet.
New students - dual qualification pathway
If you really have your ducks in a row, you can get a whole bunch of admin out of the way in one go. This is a great option for anyone who wants to get the hands-on experience of a diploma before jumping into a full-on university degree.
We have more than 550 formal articulation programs with universities all over Australia. The set up is the same — you complete a diploma with us and then articulate into the second year (in most cases) of a related degree with a higher ed provider. You end up with the same two for one special, locking in a spot in a diploma with a guaranteed seat in the degree as well.
You can apply for a dual qualification through QTAC.
In the QTAC course search, the dual qualification course titles will look like this: Diploma of Music Industry/Bachelor of Contemporary Music Practice (for example). So look out for the course with a diploma/bachelor name.
One application will cover your admin for both TAFE and uni. So you can sit back, put your feet up, and relax knowing the next few years are totally sorted. #mischiefmanaged.
How to apply
If you're a keen bean, make sure you select your preferred dual qualification as one of your QTAC preferences for 2020 entry.
If you're pumped to do uni differently, apply or enquire now.