The following selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic students:
- you must be a minimum of 18 years of age or be turning 18 within the first semester of study.
- you may be required to attend an interview with a teacher that includes a literacy and numeracy assessment, prior to enrolment.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter into this course;
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
The Robina campus will be a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus for general learning. Students are able to access discounted pricing for device purchases via JB Hi-Fi. TAFE Queensland will have some portable devices available for short term loan and there will also be a limited number of desktop computers located on-site that students will be able to access. For all the details visit the BYOD page on our website.
Need to know
Online Delivery - Biology Stream
If you've enrolled into the Biology Stream specialisation, you'll be required to attend two face to face workshops and one field trip, both located in the Toowoomba area.
Please note: attendance at these workshops are compulsory and non-negotiable.